How to perform on page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to the practice of optimizing individual pages on a website to improve their visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). It involves optimizing various elements of the webpage, including its content, HTML source code, and structure.
(Looking For “Effective SEM analytics“? Contact us today?)
Here are some key steps to perform on-page SEO on your website:
- Conduct Keyword Research: The first step in on-page SEO is to research relevant keywords for your content. Use keyword research tools to identify high-traffic and low-competition keywords that you can target for your webpage.
- Optimize the Page Title: The title of the webpage is one of the most critical on-page SEO factors. The title tag should contain the primary keyword and be less than 60 characters long.
- Create High-Quality Content: Content is king when it comes to SEO. Create high-quality, unique, and engaging content that addresses your target audience’s needs and interests. Use your primary and secondary keywords naturally in the content.
- Use Header Tags: Header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) help search engines understand the structure of the content on the page. Use H1 tags for the main title and H2/H3 tags for subheadings. Include the primary keyword in the H1 tag.
- Optimize Meta Description: The meta description is a short summary of the webpage that appears below the title tag on SERPs. It should be less than 155 characters and contain the primary keyword and a call-to-action to encourage clicks.
- Use Image Alt Tags: Image alt tags help search engines understand the content of an image. Include relevant keywords in the alt tag to improve the page’s relevance to specific search queries.
- Internal Linking: Internal linking helps search engines understand the structure and hierarchy of your website. It also helps visitors navigate your site more easily. Link to relevant pages on your website using relevant anchor text.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: With more and more people accessing the internet through their mobile devices, having a mobile-friendly website is crucial. Use responsive design to ensure your website looks good on all devices.
- Analyze and Optimize: Regularly analyze your website’s performance using tools like Google Analytics and Search Console. Use the data to identify areas for improvement and optimize your website accordingly.
In conclusion, on-page SEO is essential to improve your website’s visibility and ranking on SERPs. By following the above steps, you can optimize your website’s content, structure, and HTML code to improve its relevance and usefulness to your target audience.